- 423 Norwood Ave SE
- Grand Rapids, MI 49506
"Eastown’s one and only incubator kitchen and event space! "
Uptown Kitchen is an incubator kitchen and event space. The licensed commercial kitchen is open 24/7 and is available for rent hourly and by contract. It includes a prep kitchen, catering kitchen, pastry kitchen, and cool and dry storage. The event space, or Dining Room, seats up to 49 people and includes a demonstration kitchen. It can be used for family get-togethers, networking events, rehearsal dinners or cooking classes – any social occasion that involves food.
Uptown Kitchen will foster and grow the food culture in Grand Rapids by providing affordable commercial kitchen space, assistance, and access to market opportunities for small food-based businesses. We also will engage with food and community in new and interesting ways with a space that supports a variety of participatory experiences. It’s a perfect spot for everything food related… growing your business, throwing a party, even making that big batch of holiday cookies!
- - Enable small, home-based food businesses to move beyond farmers’ markets, art fairs and roadside stands, and establish a greater market presence
- - Serve as a culinary incubator
- - Open up opportunities for food-based start-ups that do not need and cannot afford a full-time licensed commercial kitchen
- - Provide a platform where motivated entrepreneurs can hone their skills and successfully transition to the highly regulated and competitive food industry
- - Support local community initiatives